Engine hot test, engine performance test
System overview of engine hot test
EOLexpertise supplies the turnkey package from engine hot test design to test bench based on customer’s requirements and peripherals. We can fabricate partial or entire test cell for using indoor or outdoor, or whether operator control room is included. EOLexpertise supplies specially engine hot test bench with dedicated steel construction which comprises everything regarding the present and future end-of-line demand.
EOLexpertise engine hot test bench can be self-sufficient with minor requirements to infrastructure. We provide the convenient way for starting new engine production plant and end-of-line testing. Our test system is economic, flexible with short fabrication and installation duration.
The modular character allows customer to adjust test capacity and ramp up the production output. The future upgrade of test system can utilize the pre-fabricated equipment modules. For new measuring tasks, quick modular adaption can easily be made without tremendous cost. The test cell of engine hot test is the major module which component mounting is the primary function. It attenuates noise and vibration and provides safety condition for both operator and facility.
No load engine hot test for end-of-line
No load engine hot test fuels and warms up engine without loading.
No load hot test measuring items
- Engine speed
- Oil pressure
- Power balance
- Vibration, leakage and noise (sensory)
No load hot test items
- Engine start ability
- Idle stabilisation
- Acceleration response
- Cylinder power balance
- Ignition system integrity
- Fuel system integrity
- Sealing integrity (Water, oil, air intake and exhaust)
- Abnormal vibration and noise
Load engine hot test for end-of-line
By controlling loading to engine, different amount of engine power and torque can be measured under different engine speed. Load engine hot test is to verify engine capability and assembly deficiencies throughout the complete power range.
Load hot test measuring items
- Oil pressure
- Torque and power
- Fuel consumption
- Exhaust, intake pressure, temperature
- AF ratio
- Sensor and harness (electrical test-DTC)
- Vibration, leakage and noise
Engine performance test bench for engine hot test
EOLexpertise provides high performance engine performance test bench for research and development on the fields such as high fuel efficient, low NVH, low emission vehicle development.
Engine performance test bench overview
Combustion engine designer has different ideas during design and development stage. In order to reduce engine cost, output power improvement and reliability, engineers should well consider the engine design factors like indicated power, brake power, fuel consumption, exhaust emission, engine cooling method and maintenance etc.
Based on various design concepts, engine parts are fabricated with different dimensions and tolerances. Using engine performance test bench for engine testing and performance evaluation is very essential in order to verify the engine design.
Engine performance test bench test application
Our engine performance test bench is available for engine test, powertrain test and below tests.
- Engine calibration
- Engine mapping
- Emission testing
- Advanced research and development
- Fuel and lubrication testing
- Durability test
- Transmission and driveline testing
- Heavy duty engine testing
Test and control system architecture of engine performance test bench
Real-time controller for complete engine and dynamometer control, real-time process execution and data collection, has the following characteristics:
- The most advanced National Instruments (NI) PXI system is used for high reliability, scalability and performance.
- Engine performance test real time controller
All control algorithms and testing processes running on a real-time operating system, microsecond level of determinacy can be achieved.
- Encoder signal and frequency-format torque signal are fed to real-time controller through fiber channels. This avoids feeding various kinds of interference signals.
- EtherCAT real-time bus is used to communicate with motor drive for torque and speed command values. It does not only achieve high dynamic and deterministic control of dynamometer, but also no interference and quantization error existed comparing with analog control.
Major functions of automation system
- Real time dynamometer operation, control and acquisition
- Digital interface with fuel meter, smoke meter, blow-by meter, gas analyzer
- Electric inertia simulation
- Automatic and manual test mode
- Test data acquisition and monitoring
- Test data calculation
- Road load simulation function
- Offline data analyzing and graphics processing
AC dynamometer system
- High-speed, low-inertia AC induction or synchronous motor. (For example: 230kW motor with inertia less than 0.3kgm2 and speed up to 15,000 rpm).
- Four-quadrant drive with power absorption and regeneration capabilities.
- Energy regenerative to grid can meet the European CE standard. When dynamometer power feeds back to grid, the interference on grid: Harmonic voltage: less than 2%. Harmonic current: less than 4.5%.
- Using HBM torque flange for torque measurement.
- Torque value measured by torque flange is controlled by hardware loop control in real-time control system. Electric dynamometer is capable to provide 0.2% torque control accuracy and 50ms dynamic response.
About automotive EOL test hyperlink
About performance test hyperlink